A new series on the All Out Arts Network –
Presented as part of the 2022 Season of the Fresh Fruit Festival
A series of 1-hour panel discussions featuring Broadway Industry professionals, designed to help emerging artists build their careers. Creative-arts leaders from Rockefeller Center, the Beaumont Theater, shows such as Spiderman, Hello Dolly, War Horse, Wicked, and many others share thoughts on starting the journey to a more professional level.
Ask a question for any upcoming listed panel:ASK
Episode 1: How do emerging directors get work Off-Broadway and beyond? [July 2021]
Company Managers and Managing Directors discuss how Stage Directors can enhance their ability to make and maintain a career in a highly competitive marketplace. Host: Artistic Director Dennis Corsi. Panelists:
- Natasha Sinha – Playwrights Horizons
- Jim Nicola – New York Theatre Workshop
- Daniella Topol – Rattlestick Playwrights Theater
- Ralph Peña – Ma-Yi Theater Company
Episode 2: Featuring Broadway Stage Managers! [August 2021]
Broadway Stage Managers share their thoughts on employment, their career paths, and what early and mid level Stage Managers can be doing to help their chances in the field. Host: Artistic Director Dennis Corsi. Panelists:
- Valerie Lau-Kee: Mary Poppins, Spiderman . . .
- Chris Munnell: An American in Paris, War Horse . . .
- Chris Zaccardi: Lestat, Hello Dolly . . .
- Saori Yokoo: The Inheritance, Broadway Cares/ Equity Fights AIDS . . .
Episode 3: Designers [September 2021]
The STAGE is a Black Box – UNTIL the designers work their magic! Lighting and Set Design, Costuming and Sound Design, all work TOGETHER to make the author & director’s vision transform our lives. Meet 5 highly skilled designers with Broadway credits answering YOUR questions on moving up to the next professional level.
- Zach Blane: Lighting Design – “Wicked in Concert” PBS Television
- Wilson Chin: Set Design – Pass Over, Broadway; Next Fall, Broadway; Cost of Living, MTC
- Shirlee Idzakovich: Costume Design – Fig Jam, Lonely Wolf; Broadway, Off-Broadway, Film & TV
- Twi McCallum: Sound Design – Chicken and Biscuits, Broadway
- Riw Rakkulchon: Scenic Design – Twelfth Night, Yale Rep