Submissions have CLOSED for the 2020 Main-Stage Festival
Note: We are in the early acceptance stage, but due to the Pandemic, final contracting is “on hold” as we await the lifting of restrictions on theaters. All applicants are already placed on our information newsletter list. If you have a monologue excerpt please submit to the summer Filmed Monologues contest and development.
The 19th Annual Fresh Fruit Festival of LGBTQ Arts, held at The WILD Project and other Manhattan venues
Categories: Full length plays; One-Act Plays; Choreographed Dance pieces; Thematic new Solo Shows, comedic or Dramas; Musicals; Opera; Cabaret; Unimaginable . . . ? – Any kind of performance art featuring LGBTQ characters or themes.
The CREATIVITY is yours; the OVERHEAD is ours. And thanks to the generosity of New York City’s Department of Cultural Affairs and the New York City Council there are no application fees or participation fees required, and all productions earn a box office share. We provide:
- ADA and AEA approved performance venues
- AEA approved venue insurance
- Technical, Booth, & Front-of-house Staff
- Repertory Lighting Plot & Sound system, with Video available
- On-line, real-time ticketing service with audit trail
- Glossy, full-color Festival brochures
- Networking events & Marketing assistance for all shows
- Optional co-production plans* for higher box-office shares
Extended Deadline: Saturday, February 15th.
Late Submission Deadline: ($35 Late Reading Donation due) Sunday, March 15th-*. (NO Late Fee if you are on NY Medicaid)
Click on the APPLY button below to go to the full Application Form. Please download a study copy so you can later complete the form in one online session (required). Note: Your planned production cannot have been produced before in the 15 months preceding the July Festival. If you are producing an Out-Of-Town show (25 miles from New York City) be prepared to submit local contracts, and accept one of our co-production plans.
* For more detailed information on how the Festival works, go to the Festival Links page for documents and photos from last year (subject to updating): > LINKS <