photo: 2020 technical award winner “How Cold is the Snow” by Nathaniel Foster
“The invincible shield of Caring is a weapon from the skies against being dead.” – Lao Tzu
The Fresh Fruit Festival, nearing its 20th consecutive year, is presenting works in the following format for development in filmed virtual presentation: LGBTQ MONOLOGUES, on the THEME: “Caring”
Are you Cared for? Do you Care enough to send the best? Is your character Careful? WHY do you CARE!? What’s in a Care package? Are you Caring for Pets? -Roommates? -Alien Visitors?
– Artistic Director, Dennis Corsi*
– Executive Director, Louis Lopardi* (*Bios on STAFF page)
Works range from 4 to 8 minutes in performance length, and relate to the LGBTQ experience. Eight written monologues will be chosen from applicants, then later resubmitted as short videos for entry into the development program. All of these received:
- Hosted presentation of the finished works as a feature in the All Out Arts Network,
- Full-Series PDF Program, for download.
- Basic Audio Post-processing: Including our own, customized intros; basic sound FX or ambient sound.
- Basic Video post-processing, for titles, continuity & quality.
- Marketing on Social media.
- 1:1 Technical consults: For SOUND (check balance, dynamic range, ambient problems, clarity, mic use) and for VIDEO (placement, ambiance, and setting).
> > DOWNLOAD last year’s PROGRAM book > > [See the 2020 PROGRAM]
Voting has closed for the 2020 Monologues, and the public has spoken! 381 votes were tallied with a clear winner of the “Audience Favorite” award: “Red or White” by Rachel Herron
A panel of Technical Judges have also prepared their choices for finalists: 1. “How Cold is the Snow” by Nathaniel Foster, and 2. “Christmas Cantata” by Craig WinberrySample Last Year’s Films: on the Festival YouTube Channel
This year, 8 semi-finalist videos will be hosted on a high-definition platform for a set span of 15 days, during which the public will be free to vote on this page for a later Audience Choice Award. A panel of judges will also vote on more technical criteria to help select 2 more finalists. All 3 will receive a cash stipend, and national promotion. All 8 entries are eligible for awards in several categories at our awards ceremony later in the season.Apply Here —> APPLICATION FORM