photo: 2020 technical award winner “How Cold is the Snow” by Nathaniel Foster
“The invincible shield of Caring is a weapon from the skies against being dead.” – Lao Tzu
The Fresh Fruit Festival, nearing its 20th consecutive year, is presenting works in the following format for development in filmed virtual presentation: LGBTQ MONOLOGUES, on the THEME: “Caring”
Are you Cared for? Do you Care enough to send the best? Is your character Careful? WHY do you CARE!? What’s in a Care package? Are you Caring for Pets? -Roommates? -Alien Visitors?
– Artistic Director, Dennis Corsi* – Executive Director, Louis Lopardi* (*Bios on STAFF page) Works range from 4 to 8 minutes in performance length, and relate to the LGBTQ experience. Eight written monologues will be chosen from applicants, then later resubmitted as short videos for entry into the development program. All of these receive:
- Hosted presentation of the finished works as a feature in the All Out Arts Network,
- Full-Series PDF Program, for download.
- Basic Audio Post-processing: Including our own, customized intros; basic sound FX or ambient sound.
- Basic Video post-processing, for titles, continuity & quality.
- Marketing on Social media.
- 1:1 Technical consults: For SOUND (check balance, dynamic range, ambient problems, clarity, mic use) and for VIDEO (placement, ambiance, and setting).
- This year, 8 semi-finalist videos will be hosted on a high-definition platform for a set span of 15 days, during which the public will be free to vote on this page for a later Audience Choice Award. A panel of judges will also vote on more technical criteria to help select 2 more finalists. All 3 will receive at minimum a $150 cash stipend, and national promotion. All 8 entries are eligible for awards in several categories at our awards ceremony later in the season, and remain fully hosted for 2 seasons.
- Note: All dates subject to extension. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, with more complex projects postponed to Spring. Anticipated schedule for 1st wave: Semi-Finalist scripts chosen by 11/24. Revised scripts by 12/15. First video tests by 12/29. Public Voting late Jan-Feb 2022. Script Submissions are now closed for the winter series.