A SAMPLE CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – NEW YORK CITY* Playwrights
The FRESH FRUIT FESTIVAL of New LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, TRANSGENDER, and QUEER ARTS and CULTURE
ALL OUT ARTS is now accepting submissions for the DEVELOPMENTAL PLAY READINGS, an “OUTwrite” Series, a part of the 2021-2022 Fresh Fruit Festival. Application deadline is TBD for 2022. 3 to 4 plays will be selected for presentation in 21-22 Season. Authors are encouraged to submit early; we understand these are drafts, and expect revisions. Jump-To-Submission-Form
Readings will be widely advertised, and hosted on a wide-band virtual Webinar with an audience Q&A following. Authors will receive a $100 stipend toward their expenses.
*New York City regional artists who have temporarily relocated due to the Coronavirus epidemic, or for workshops, jobs, etc., please submit a note of explanation with your submission.
This program is supported in part by the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs & the New York City Council.
WE WILL PROVIDE:
- Stipends, adjusted accordingly if you also incur Union performing-artist expense.
- Limited Virtual rehearsal space if you do not have a paid account.
- Dramaturgical advice upon request for specific problems.
- Technical Advice and Training on the Webinar format, including free Sound & Video consultations based on your early virtual rehearsals. We expect technical rules to be followed to provide a consistent quality for attendees.
- A full-color program, both printed and in a free PDF-file format, made available online.
- Area-wide advertising, with an option for National advertising upon request.
AUTHORS WILL PROVIDE:
- A fully-cast, fully rehearsed, “virtual” reading of NEW work in development, dealing with some aspects of LGBTQ life
- A Director AND a Stage Manager (important for the high degree of technical awareness needed in the Virtual format).
- All Out Arts is a non-discriminatory, equal opportunity presenter. For 20 years we have presented works by artists from all the performing and graphic arts from every known (and a few unknown) corners of the LGBTQ world, regardless of race, ethnicity, or faith. We advise diverse and inclusive casting, and sensitivity to BIPOC origins and cultures.
Please submit a recent draft of the work in progress with a synopsis & full cast breakdown; a basic bio; and if you like, a description of your goals and concerns with this current work. 1-Page Form link below, when accepting:NOT ACTIVE