The 2022 Developmental Readings
ALL OUT ARTS is now accepting submissions for the curated DEVELOPMENTAL PLAY READINGS Series, a part of the 2022 Fresh Fruit Festival season. Application deadline is Sunday, April 24, 2023. 3 To 4 plays will be selected for presentation in late May through Early June 2022. Authors are encouraged to submit early; we understand these are drafts, and expect revisions.
Readings will be widely advertised, and hosted on a wide-band virtual Webinar with an audience Q&A following. Authors will receive $100 stipends toward their prep work upon reading presentation.
*New York City regional artists who have been temporarily relocated by the Coronavirus epidemic, please submit a note of explanation with your submission.
WE WILL PROVIDE:
- Stipends to accepted authors, as noted.
- Limited virtual rehearsal space if you do not have a paid account.
- Dramaturgical advice upon request by authors for specific problems.
- Technical advice on the Webinar format, including free Sound & Video consults based on your early virtual rehearsal. We expect technical rules to be followed to provide a consistent quality for viewers.
- A full-color program in a free PDF-file format made available online.
- Area-wide advertising.
AUTHORS WILL PROVIDE:
- A fully-cast, fully rehearsed, “virtual” book-reading of a NEW work in development, dealing with some aspects of LGBTQ life.
- A Director AND Stage Manager (important for the high degree of technical attention required).
All Out Arts is a non-discriminatory, equal opportunity presenter. For 20 years we have presented works by artists from all the performing and visual arts from every known (and a few unknown) corners of the LGBT & Q world, regardless of race, ethnicity, or faith. We urge diverse and inclusive casting, and sensitivity to BIPOC origins and culture.APPLICATION FORM